A. SCHOLASTIC AREAS:
The assessment structure for classes IX and X comprises of two Terms i.e. Term -1 and Term -2.
There will be three Periodic Tests in the entire academic year. Three tests will be conducted as one being the Half Yearly Exam/Mid Term Test and the other two being Pre Mid and Post Mid –Term with portion of syllabus cumulatively covered. The school will take the average of the best two tests out of 10 for final marks submission. Annual / Board Examination will be of 80 marks.
- Note Book Submission (5 marks):
Note Book submission comprises of 5 marks as a part of internal assessment in each term. This will cover:
- Assignment completion
- Neatness and upkeep of notebook.
- Subject Enrichment Activities (5 marks):
Subject Enrichment Activities will be conducted and recorded internally out of 5 marks in each term by respective subject teachers.
For Languages: ASL / Reading / Dictation / Debate/ Public speaking etc.
For Mathematics: Laboratory activities and projects.
For Science: Practical works and activities prescribed by CBSE.
For Social Science: Map and project work as suggested by CBSE.
B. Co-Scholastic Activities:
For the holistic development of the student, co-curricular activities in the following areas will be carried out in school by the teachers and will be graded annually on a 5-point grading scale (A-E). Grading will not have any descriptive indicators and students will not be upgraded based on the co-scholastic grades. The aspect of regularity, sincere participation, output and team work will be the generic criteria for grading in the following co-scholastic activities.
1. Work education
2. Art Education (visual & performing Art)
3. Health and Physical Education?
Discipline significantly impacts career shaping and it helps to build character. Therefore, students will be graded by the class teachers for discipline in a 3-point grading scale considering the attendance, sincerity, behaviour and values.
D. Promotion Policy :
- Promotion will be based on the performance in all periodic Tests/Half Yearly Exam and Annual Exam. Student has to secure 33% marks out of 80 marks in each subject. Student has to secure 33% marks in internal assessment out of overall 20 marks ear marked in each subject.
- Attendance is compulsory for all the tests held during the academic session. In case a student is absent in any of the Periodic test, Half Yearly Examination and Annual Examination medical ground / unavoidable circumstance then proper medical certificate from concerned authority or prior written in intimation should be submitted to the class teacher. In such a case, average marks for the concerned subject will be considered. No rank in the final report will be awarded to the student absent in either Half Yearly Examination / Annual Examination.
- 75% attendance is must for promotion to next class.